Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Receivables Management User-Defined Functions for Report Writer

 

We all know there is some really great things you can do with the Report Writer User-defined functions. Unfortunately they are not well documented.

What will follow is a series of posts where I will list all of the KB articles I could find include information about one of the RW functions in Report Writer.

The posts will be separated by module. This post is dedicated to Receivables Management.

Enjoy!

RECEIVABLES MANAGEMENT

  1. How to add the customer purchase order number to the Receivables Management Accounts Due Report in Microsoft Dynamics GP
    (856461 - modified: 2012-07-13)
    Describes how to add the customer purchase order number to the Receivables Management Accounts Due Report in Report Writer in Microsoft Dynamics GP and in Microsoft Business Solutions – Great Plains 8.0.
  2. How to suppress the Address 2 field and the Address 3 field in a report in Receivables Management for Microsoft Dynamics GP
    (853430 - modified: 2011-07-11)
    Describes how to suppress empty address line fields so that the City, State, and Zip fields print under the last line of the address.
  3. How to use Report Writer to print all seven aging periods on the RM Aged Trial Balance report in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
    (933643 - modified: 2011-08-01)
    Describes how to print all seven aging periods on the RM Aged Trial Balance report in Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 and Microsoft Business Solutions - Great Plains 8.0.
  4. How to use the aging date to calculate the "Days Past Due" field on the RM Detail Historical Aged Trial Balance report in Microsoft Dynamics GP
    (856016 - modified: 2007-11-13)
    Describes how to use the aging date to calculate the "Days Past Due" field on the RM Detail Historical Aged Trial Balance report in Microsoft Dynamics GP.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this blog on receivables management. I'd like to learn more on this and what it can do for me. Can you help me? Thanks!

Unknown said...

This is super interesting! But I have been looking into receivables and how I might be able to get those! Can you tell me where to find more information like this? Thanks again for sharing!

tyleragent said...

Great post, and it's good knowing that I'm not the only one that looking at receivables and having a little trouble with it. But this post was able to help a lot.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! I've been trying learn more about receivables. Do you have anymore info or places I could find more info?

Dynamics Confessor said...

Hi,

What kind of information are you needing? Have you looked at the Microsoft training manual? Also, I think Accolade Publications may have a book on receivables. I'm not for sure on that.

Leslie

Mike Ross said...

I'm pretty sure that Accolade Publications does have a book on receivables. If I remember correctly it was a rather good book too. Thanks for this post.

Unknown said...

Theres so much to learn about receivables. What would you say is the top 5 most important things to know? Also where can I learn even more? Thanks for sharing by the way!

Unknown said...

I need someone who can do receivables.

MarkW101 said...

One of the problems I am facing is to add the customer PO number to the AR statement. I can't seem to link to the RM20101 table, and the "Purchase Order Number" field in RM Statements Transactions Temporary File is always blank.

Dynamics Confessor said...

Hi,

You need to create a table relationship in report writer between the RM Statements Transactions Temporary File and the RM Open File. Add the RM Open File to your report tables and place the Customer Purchase Order Number field onto your report. That should give you what you need.

Unknown said...

I have been struggling with receivables in my accounting class. I love the help you have posted. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Jessie | http://www.jdfactors.com