Monday, April 15, 2013

GP 2013 error voiding checks

 

The Problem:

When you try to void a check in GP2013, you get the following error:

Batch batchname failed to complete posting. Use the Batch Recovery window to complete the posting process. When you click on the More Info button you see the following:

A save operation on table ‘ME_Void_Checks’ cannot find the table.

[Microsoft'][SQL Server Native Client 10.0][SQL Server]Invalid object name  ‘company database name.dbo.ME123506’.

ME_Void_Checks ERROR

Of course, the Batch Recovery window is no help.

The error occurs whenever you void a check, no matter which window you choose to void it from (PM or Bank Rec). This error is caused by the Safe Pay product. There is an old KB article explains the problem and shows you how to fix it, but it doesn’t fix it (it’s an old KB article).

ME_Void_Checks Failed Accessing SQL Data ... - Microsoft Support

After reading the KB article, I found out that the culprit is the Safe Pay product. Still, I went through the steps suggested by the KB article.

First, I tried Resolution 2 to fix it (because it was easier). I ran the Grant.sql script against the system and company databases, but it did not fix the problem.

Next I tried Resolution 1. “Run the installation routines again from the shortcut bar.” I did not have any such thing to run from my shortcut bar. I hunted around for a window that I could add to my shortcut bar, but none of them looked promising. I abandoned that effort.

The error message actually does tell us what’s wrong, the database is missing the ME123506 table.

The Fix:

Since the system couldn’t find the table, go to SQL Maintenance, select the Safe Pay product, and created the table. Viola! Problem solved.

Until next post!

Leslie

No comments: