It must be in the air! Come to Dallas, or join us On-Line.
I’m doing another Dexterity Fundamentals class in Dallas, TX, December 9th-13th, 2013. This time we are offering it both on-site in Dallas and Live on-line!
What will you Learn?
The Dexterity Fundamentals class teaches you everything you need to know to get started developing integrating applications. During this class, you will learn the Dexterity components and Dynamics GP programming standards. You will complete many hands-on projects including the following:
· How to set up the development environment
· Create a Maintenance and Lookup window adhering to the Dynamics GP user interface guidelines
· Create an Item Entry and Item lookup window using techniques that can fast-track your development
· Use integrated Debugging tools to resolve errors
· Learn about multiuser processing and how optimistic locking works
· Create an integrating application that interacts with existing Dynamics GP components
· Create record notes, browse buttons, shrink/expand buttons, zooms and expansion buttons
· Create menus to navigate to your application
· Create and launch reports using Report Writer
· Work with multiple tables, set ranges and create virtual keys
· Add items ‘On the Fly’ and create ‘Find’ buttons
· Call existing Dynamics GP functions
· Modify a Dynamics GP window thereby creating an Alternate window
· Use object triggers and techniques for cross-dictionary integration
· Create SQL tables from Dexterity
· Package your application and create a .cnk file
· Learn how to update your application to a new release.
· Other topics and procedures
How should You prepare?
Review the Quick Start manual that is included in the Dexterity documentation. You can access this manual from the Help menu of Dexterity: Help | Online Manuals | Quick Start
Alternatively, after you install Dexterity, look for the QStart.pdf file in the following folder:
. . .\Microsoft Dexterity\Dex 12.0\Manuals
What do you need?
Each student must provide their own computer with the following software installed:
- Dynamics GP 2013
- Dexterity 2013
- Dynamics GP 2013 SDK - located on the GP 2013 DVD: \Tools\SDK\Dynamics GP\SDK.exe
Until next post!