Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Modified GL Transaction Entry Window - Account Description on First Line

Forever I’ve wanted the account description on the first line of the GL Transaction Entry window. Well now I have it! It took me all day to create, but at least now it exists. I shouldn’t be the only one who benefits from my labor, so I’m going to make it available to you.

NEW GL Transaction Entry window:

image

Changes Made to GL Transaction Entry window:

Fields added to the upper right-hand quadrant:

      • Last User ID
      • Last Date Edited
      • Originating Document Information
      • Series
      • Originating Posting Date
      • User Who Posted

Fields added to the third line of the scrolling window: 

      • Originating Master ID
      • Originating Master Name
      • Transaction Type
      • Original Voucher/Payment Number
      • Original Document Number

The screenshot below shows the new window with the changes highlighted:

image

This modification was done on GP 2013 R2. If you want a copy of this window for yourself, you can download the package file here: Modified GL Transaction Entry window

Until next post!

Leslie Vail

No comments: