Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Wasted, Unused or Voided Checks

This is a little tip for anyone who wants to keep track of all of their check numbers to account for 'voided' checks. By 'voided' I mean checks that were not actually used in a transaction, they were wasted. Like when someone prints a report on your check stock.

The method I use to record 'wasted checks' is very simple, here it is:

Go into Bank Transaction Entry, fill in everything except the amount. No
need to deal with the distribution accounts, leave everything zero. I usually
put 'wasted check', or something to that effect in the description field. It's nice to have something show up on reports. Post the check; boom, you're done.

I've recorded the wasted check and I don't have to do anything else.

I think this works very well and it keeps the auditors happy :)

No comments: